Monday, August 23, 2010

Ch Ch Ch Changes!

Our former leader
 I was looking for some quotes about change; you know something profound that would sum up everything happening with Craftinista, and my life for that matter. But then I realized that posting some nice, neat, pre-packaged quote was a cop out! I mean for Pete’s (Christ’s, whom-ever’s) sake I’m a creative person, and the new leader of Craftinista, I should be able to write a qwippy little blog entry!

Then I had an epiphany! Maybe I’m intimidated to fill April’s shoes for a reason! Let’s face it, the woman is intimidating! It’s not like she’s mean or anything but you always knew she could kick your ass! And not just literally! She’s a wife, a mother, an artist, an activist, a philanthropist, a fierce writer and now, it turns out, a fire starter! She’s got balls! In the air that is and she just added another (grad school) so something had to give… and that was Craftinista. Now I’m here holding said ball and wondering what to do first! So I guess this would be my first Craftinista duty, writing a blog entry and introducing myself! 

Hi my name is Cindy and I’m a craft-aholic! It’s been 2 days since my last craft binge. For those of you who don’t know me I’m one of the founding members of Craftinista and the creator of sweetBella jewelry and fluffy muffin soft goods. While there have been many and probably will be more changes for Craftinista, one thing will remain the same... our philosophy and purpose! 

“We believe in art, love, harmony and creating an economy where artists share their inspiration through gorgeous creations and feed their families in the meantime.”

Regards,
Caporegime
 
PS - Good luck April, Craftinista thanks you for your loyal service and wishes you the best of luck with grad school. Watch out Cal Poly, she can kick your ass!

1 comment:

St. deVille said...

cindy-nothing pleases me more to know that CRAFTINISTA is in your hands. thank you for carrying the torch, sister.
xoxox